Warner Bros. has disinvited journalists (except photographers) from the red carpet at this Saturday's Hollywood premiere of Joker, according to Variety.
"Our red carpet is comprised of photographers only," a WB spokesperson said. "A lot has been said about Joker, and we just feel it’s time for people to see the film."
Joker actors Joaquin Phoenix, Zazie Beetz, and Frances Conroy are expected to attend the Saturday premiere, as well as director Todd Philips.
Given the events of this week, Warner Bros. appears to not want to subject the attending talent and executives to be asked (or answer) questions regarding the controversy that has emerged over the film involving gun violence.
Warner Bros. and Variety didn't specify if press will be excluded from other portions of the premiere itself, such as the screening.
Festival and press screenings have occured previously, and will continue through the film's October 4 opening.