Joe Hill has signed on to oversee a new DC 'pop-up' group of titles focusing on horror. First reported by Entertainment Weekly, DC's Hill House Comics is scheduled to debut this fall with five limited series - two of which written by Hill himself.
Here are the titles and creative teams, with descriptions from EW:
- Basketful of Heads by Hill and artist Leomacs. "Basketful of Heads starts with a young couple house-sitting a New England mansion filled with Viking artifacts: coins, shield, even an ax. Then a storm hits, and brings with it some home invaders, so the girl goes to hide. When she emerges, her boyfriend is nowhere to be found, but one of the assailants has stayed behind for her."
- The Dollhouse Family by Mike Carey and Peter Gross. "[Carey and Gross will] be exploring the life of Alice, who was gifted a big beautiful dollhouse as a child, filled with a magical family of dolls. As she gets older, Alice returns to the dollhouse, with unexpected results."
- The Low, Low Woods by Carmen Maria Machado and Dani. "...a story about a Pennsylvania mining town afflicted by a mysterious plague that eats memories."
- Daphne Byrne by Laura Marks and Kelly Jones. "[Daphne Byrne is] set in the gaslit 1800s New York, where the titular girl discovers a strange, insidious entity within her body."
- Plunge by Hill and an artist to be announced. "Plunge concerns supernatural events in the frozen north. Back in the ’80s, a highly advanced research vessel went missing near the Arctic Circle, only to suddenly reappear 40 years later, now sending a distress signal. So a team of American researchers is sent to salvage the vessel, even as a wintry storm approaches."
Each Hill House Comics title will also include a two-page serialized story by Hill and an unnamed artist titled Sea Dogs. The story is set during the American Revolution, where three American werewolves are enlisted to destroy a British naval fleet.
DC plans a Hill House Comics panel July 19 at Comic-Con International San Diego.
The Hill House Comics line is scheduled to debut October 30 with Basketful of Heads #1. DC has not specified the length of the Hill House Comics limited series.