20TH CENTURY FOX CONSUMER PRODUCTS
CELEBRATES 2019 BUFFY SLAY DAY
WITH RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE ON MARCH 10
Giveaways to Participants Include Exclusive Version of Sold Out
Debut Issue of BOOM! Studios New Comic Book Series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The New York Times Bestselling Slayer Novel
Shop.Fox.com Unveils New Collection of Merchandise Celebrating
Sunnydale High School’s Graduating Class of 1999
To complement this announcement please find a selection of images here
LOS ANGELES (February 28, 2019) – Slayers, get ready to sink your teeth into the return of Buffy Slay Day! 20th Century Fox Consumer Products will host a nationwide blood drive with the American Red Cross on March 10, the anniversary of the iconic series premiere of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Paying tribute to one of the original television heroines who paved the way for fans everywhere, the Red Cross will launch a Buffy Slay Day blood drive at their Torrance, CA donation center on March 10. Other participating Red Cross blood drives include Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville and New York (March 11), will also support the annual Buffy Slay Day celebration with a variety of exclusive giveaways for blood and platelet donors.
The Torrance Red Cross Blood Donation Center will serve as the Buffy Slay Day flagship site as it is just minutes from Torrance High School, the memorable location for the fictional Sunnydale High featured in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
All participating Red Cross donation centers will offer a selection of Buffy giveaways, while supplies last, including an exclusive variant of BOOM! Studios’ sold out Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1, the kick-off edition of the massively popular new Buffy comic book series. Plus, the first 15 presenting blood or platelet donors at each location may also receive complimentary Buffy goodies including Slayer, the brand-new New York Times’ bestselling novel from author Kiersten White, and Funko vinyl figures – including Buffy, Willow, Faith, Xander, and Giles.
Fans unable to visit participating locations can find a Red Cross donation center in their area and signup to donate blood on behalf Buffy Slay Day by visiting www.rcblood.org/Buffy.
Participating Red Cross blood donation centers include:
Sunday, March 10th
- Torrance, CA (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.): 2814 Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance, CA 90505
- Alpharetta, GA (7 a.m. - 2 p.m.): 3000 Old Alabama Rd., Alpharetta, GA 30022
- Atlanta, GA (7 a.m. - 2 p.m.): 1955 Monroe Dr., Atlanta, GA 30324
- Duluth, GA (7 a.m. - 2 p.m.): 3090 Premiere Pkwy, Duluth, GA 30097
- Marietta, GA (7 a.m. - 2 p.m.): 2145 Roswell Rd., Marietta, GA 30062
- Charlotte, NC (11 a.m. - 4 p.m.): 2425 Park Rd., Charlotte, NC 28203
- Nashville, TN (7 a.m. - 3 p.m.): 2201 Charlotte Ave., Nashville, TN 37203
Monday, March 11th
- New York, NY (2 p.m. - 7 p.m.): 510 W 49th St., New York, NY 10019
In regards to the announcement, Eva Steortz, SVP Global Brand, 20th Century Fox Consumer Products shared, “Buffy Slay Day is more than just a chance to commemorate the incredible pop culture phenomenon ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’. It’s an annual opportunity for fans to demonstrate their own courage, pride, power and inner slayer. A day for all of us to fearlessly show the world we’re here to slay. Based on the overwhelming impact this content has had on fans, we are confident this celebration of empowerment is here to stay.”
With a collection of merchandise, apparel, publications, comics and collectibles, a wide-range of licensing partners, including Funko, BOOM! Studios, Little Brown, Simon & Schuster, Running Press, Upper Deck, Jasco Games, Quirk Books, HarperCollins, and Shop.Fox.com are once again commemorating the Buffy Slay Day celebration:
- Last month, "BOOM! Studios launched a monthly “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” comic book series, reimagining the pop culture phenomenon from award-winning creators Jordie Bellaire and Dan Mora, overseen by Joss Whedon himself. BOOM! Studios will also offer new graphic novel collections, limited series and more throughout the year. The series launched to immediate sell outs of the first and second printings, with a third printing on a way to meet the demand generated by international press and fan reaction.
- Starting today through Buffy Slay Day, exclusive 2019 Buffy Slay Day merch launches on the official Buffy online store Shop.Fox.com. The items include an all-new exclusive tee showcasing BOOM! Studios’ 2019 Buffy Slay Day graphic and commemorative logo.
Additionally, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Sunnydale High School’s Class of 1999, Shop.Fox.com unveiled a collection of all-new merchandise. An assortment of apparel, notebooks, and drinkware call out this 20 year “reunion” milestone.
- SLAYER, written by Kiersten White, was published last month and became an immediate New York Times bestseller (Simon & Schuster). Set in the world of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” the first book in a brand-new series introduces a new Slayer as she grapples with the responsibility of managing her incredible powers that she’s just beginning to understand. @SimonTeen will be giving away 10 signed copies of SLAYER on Twitter on March 10th to celebrate Buffy Slay Day.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game - Friends & Frenemies Expansion – Coming soon from Jasco, the Friends & Frenemies Expansion includes six new characters (Dawn, Riley, Tara, Anya, Faith, and Oz, who can be either human or werewolf); two new big bads (Spike & Drusilla, and Dark Willow); and a new board expansion that includes additional initiative locations (A copy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game is required to play). U.S. customers can use the promo code FRIENDS for complementary shipping.
- Now available on their site, Ripple Junction is offering a selection of Buffy apparel including the ‘Sunnydale Slayers’ sweatshirt ($49.99), a ‘People to See, Demons to Kill’ Tee ($21.99), and a ‘Demons! Darkness! Dangerous Women!’ Tee ($21.99). Plus, Hot Topic offers an exclusive Ripple Junction Buffy Slay Day 2019 tee -- available soon.
- From Upper Deck, comes an all-new interactive card game, The Buffy Battles. “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” joins Vs. System 2PCG, expanding the game into a new universe! Customize your team or enhance your existing deck by playing resources and recruiting Supporting Characters like Giles, Faith or Mr. Trick across 2 new team factions. This game-changing set features fan favorite Heroes and Villains like Buffy, Angel, Willow, and The Master with images straight from the show. Fans can also play Upper Deck’s deck building card game Legendary®: Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Big Bads like The Master, Angelus, and Glorificus command a mob of Demonic Villains, planning dark Schemes to wreak havoc on Sunnydale, home of the Hellmouth. Only you can stop them by leading Buffy and the rest of the Scooby gang.
- Now available for pre-order, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers announces the second installment in their all-new middle grade series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Cursed Coven (September 24, 2019) from award-winning cartoonist and illustrator, Carolyn Nowak. The first novel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, New School Nightmare, is available now, wherever books are sold.
- In addition, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Talking Slayer Handbook is available September 2019 from Running Press. The Handbook is a one-of-a-kind collectible for fans of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” featuring a molded 2″ x 3″ replica of the Slayer Handbook, Vampyr, that opens to play 10 memorable lines from the show. Featuring quotes from Buffy, Angel, Giles, Willow, and Xander the kit also comes with a 48-page mini book on Buffy history that features additional quotes and full-color photographs from the show.
- Finally, on 2019 Buffy Slay Day, fans can expect giveaways of recent Buffy releases including the Pop Classic picture book, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Quirk Books) bringing to life the Buffy story with cute and colorful illustrations -- young readers see what the world's strongest vampire slayer was like back when she was a kid! Plus, How to Slay the Buffy Way (HarperCollins) featuring “badass Buffy attitude and killer advice”
Twitter activity Tweets by @Newsarama