Gold sponsors for the 2019 Free Comic Book Day event have been announced - as have their titles. The event, which is scheduled to take place in 2019 on May 4, will be led by the following publishers and titles:
- Archie Comics | RIVERDALE: SEASON THREE SPECIAL
- BOOM! Studios | WELCOME TO THE WHEDONVERSE
- Dark Horse Comics | STRANGER THINGS & BLACK HAMMER
- DC Comics | DC COMICS TOP SECRET GOLD BOOK
- IDW Publishing | TMNT: CASUALTY OF WAR
- Image Comics | DEADLY CLASS: KILLER SET – FCBD
- Marvel Comics | THE AVENGERS
- Titan Comics | DOCTOR WHO: THE THIRTEENTH DOCTOR
- TOKYOPOP | DISNEY MANGA: DESCENDANTS – DIZZY'S NEW FORTUNE
- Valiant Entertainment | VALIANT: BLOODSHOT FCBD SPECIAL
- Vault Comics | INTERCEPTOR #1
- VIZ Media | POKEMON I CHOOSE YOU! & POKEMON ADVENTURES
The remainder of the FCBD 2019 titles - the Silver sponsored titled - are scheduled to be announced Thursday, December 20.
“The quality of titles from publisher applicants made for some tough choices,” said Ashton Greenwood, Free Comic Book Day spokesperson. “It’s a solid indicator that Free Comic Book Day is truly the greatest event to showcase the best and brightest titles you can find in comic book shops. We can’t wait to once again share the FCBD experience with fans and everyone who loves comic books.”
FBCD is overseen by a committee made up of retailer/founder Joe Field, representatives from Diamond Comic Distributors, and 20 anonymous retailers.