February 2019's Guardians of the Galaxy #2 cover has been released by Marvel, portending that a character will become the "new Thanos."
It's unclear if someone will literally turn into Thanos, or if someone will move into his role as a "Mad Titan." The cover displays over 30 characters including the Shi'Ar Imperial Guard, the Starjammers, and numerous former Guardians - many of whom appeared in the previous "Who are the Guardians?" teaser.
Here's a list of the characters depicted, listed in rows from left to right:
- Row 1: Super Skrull, Titan, Phyla-Vell, Starfox, Wraith, Darkhawk, Moondragon, Nikki
- Row 2: Neutron, Oracle, Electron, Silver Surfer, Nebula, Gamora, Charlie-27, Major Victory
- Row 3: Gladiator, Smasher, Warstar, Ch’od, Raza
- Row 4: Manta, Magique, Corsair, Hepziba
- Row 5: Schism, Plutonia, Firelord, Cerise
- Row 6: Ultimus, Collector, Ghost Rider, Adam Warlock
- Row 7: Beta Ray Bill, Nova
Here's the full solicitation for Guardians of the Galaxy #2, along with the cover by David Marquez. Look for Marvel Comics' full Februar 2019 solicitations later this month on Newsarama.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #2
DONNY CATES (W) • GEOFF SHAW (A)
Cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
VARIANT COVER BY Matteo Scalera
• Thanos is dead… Long live the NEW Thanos!
• But who will it be?!
• Will the new Guardians of the Galaxy find that person in time before the universe comes crashing down?