A new Flash story by Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth, and Norm Rapmund will lead a just-announced DC's World's Greatest Superheroes! Holiday Special scheduled to go on sale Sunday, November 11 at Walmart stores nationwide. This follows the recent Swamp Thing Halloween Horror Special, and will once again be in DC's 100-page 'Giant' format.
"Barry Allen’s holiday tradition of giving gifts to the kids at the Central City Home for Wayward Children gets interrupted by a riot at Iron Heights penitentiary featuring some of the Flash’s deadliest foes," reads DC's description of the new Flash story. "In restoring order, he receives help from an unexpected source, but will it be in time to spend Christmas with the kids at the home?"
In addition to that new content, DC's World's Greatest Superheroes! Holiday Special will also include several reprinted shorts such as:
- Tom King and David Finch's "Good Boy (from 2016's Batman Annual #1)
- Amanda Conner, and Jimmy Palmiotti's "K!llin' Time" (from 2014's Harley Quinn Holiday Special #1)
- Joe Kelly and Ale Garza's "All I Want for Christmas" (from 2006's DC Infinity Holiday Special)
- Kate Perkins and Paolo Pantalena's "A Light in the Dark" (2016's DC Rebirth Holiday Special)
- Steve Orlando, Vita Ayala, and V. Ken Marion's "The Epiphany (from 2016's DC Rebirth Holiday Special)
- Dan Jurgens and Butch Guice's "Metropolis Mailbag" (from 1992's Superman #22)