Prop Store, one of the leading film and TV memorabilia companies, in association with the world renowned curator James Comisar, is hosting the first ever all-television all-eras live auction event featuring original costumes, props and set decoration from beloved TV shows from the 1960s-2010s.
400 lots will be offered in the auction on Saturday, December 1st, taking place at Prop Store’s auction facility in Valencia, California. All lots can now be viewed in a free-to-download PDF catalog and a hard copy catalog is also available for purchase. In addition to live bidding, fans can participate around the world via telephone or online via www.propstore.com
Highlights of the upcoming auction include Adam West’s bat shield from Batman (1966-1968) (estimated $400,000-$600,000) and Riddler’s “?” green jacket ensemble from the first episode of the classic 1960s television series Batman (estimated $100,000 - $150,000), Uncle Martin’s 10-foot spaceship from My Favorite Martian (1963-1966) (estimated $80,000-100,000) and Captain Kirk’s Grecian toga worn while kissing Lieutenant Uhura in one of the first interracial kiss on television - that took place 50 years ago this month - on Star Trek (estimated at $60,000-80,000), as well as a stellar selection of over 50 costumes, sketches, jewelry and correspondence lots from Star Trek acquired from series costume designer William Ware Theiss.
Some of the additional notable items fans and collectors can bid on include:
- Mork’s egg spaceship from Mork & Mindy (1978-1982) Est. $20,000 - $30,000
- Laura Palmer's red casket from Twin Peaks (1990-1991) Est. $2,000 - $3,000
- Howard Stern’s Fartman outfit from the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards Est. $6,000 - $8,000
- Geoffrey the Giraffe character costume from Toys R Us promotions circa 1970s-1980s Est. $3,000 - $5,000
- Nurse’s pig snout makeup appliance from the “Eye of the Beholder” episode of Twilight Zone (1959-1964) Est. $10,000 - $15,000
- Will Vinton Claymation puppets including The California Raisins Est. $1,000 - $1,500 each and Domino’s Pizza The Noid Est. $4,000 - $6,000
- Walter White’s 5 lb. bag of “blue sky” meth from Breaking Bad (2008-2013) Est. $2,000 - $3,000
- Dexter Morgan's stalking ensemble from Dexter (2006-2013) Est. $2000 - $3,000
A selection of highlights will be on display in an auction preview exhibition at Prop Store from Monday, November 26th to Saturday, December 1st. The exhibition will be free and open to the public.
James Comisar, Comisar Collection owner and curator, reflected on the upcoming auction, “I have spent 30 years trying to create a museum that honors television’s rich history, and until that can be realized, I want to share with collectors-turned-caretakers, who have always celebrated these shows and valued their materials. These days, few would argue TV’s enduring nature or its emotional hold, and my hope is the objects can live on as long as the shows are streaming through our lives.”
Brandon Alinger, Prop Store COO, commented on the upcoming auction: “Our TV Treasures auction curated by James Comisar includes rare pieces that have never been out in the market before. Prop Store is proud to present this auction from Comisar’s archive, which has previously been referred to as ‘The World’s Greatest Collection of Television Memorabilia’. We expect this to be a landmark sale for collectors."
The auction begins at 10:00am PST on Saturday, December 1st. Lots can be viewed and bidders can register to participate at: www.propstore.com
Got a comment? There's lots of conversation on Newsarama's FACEBOOK and TWITTER!