The first picture of Henry Cavill as Geralt of Rivia for Netflix's The Witcher television series has been released. Take a look:
In addition, Netflix has announced more casting for the prose novel-turned-video-game-turned TV series.
- Eamon Farren (The ABC Murders, Twin Peaks) as Cahir
- Joey Batey (Knightfall, Strike) as Jaskier
- Lars Mikkelsen (House of Cards, Sherlock) as Stregobor
- Royce Pierreson (Wanderlust, Judy) as Istredd
- Maciej Musia? (1983) as Sir Lazlo
- Wilson Radjou-Pujalte (Jamillah & Aladdin, Dickensian) as Dara
- Anna Shaffer (Harry Potter) as Triss
"Based on the best-selling fantasy series, The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts," reads Netflix's desription of the show. "But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together."
The Witcher is scheduled to start production later this year in Hungary.