Pantheon's Hamish Steele and TMNT Universe's Pablo Tunica both won the 2018 Russ Manning Promising Newcomer Award. The awards were announced Friday at the Will Eisner Industry Awards ceremony during ComiC-Con International: San Diego.
The full list of nominees were:
- Sean Rubin, writer/artist of Bolivar (Archaia/BOOM!)
- Hamish Steele, writer/artist of Pantheon (Nobrow)
- Pablo Tunica, artist of TMNT Universe (IDW)
- Nina Vakeuva, writer/artist of Hi-Fi Fight Club/Heavy Vinyl (BOOM!)
- Campbell Whyte, writer/artist of Home Time (Top Shelf)
The nominees were chosen by a panel consisting of board and committee members of Comic-Con International and a San Diego comics retailer. The winner will be chosen by past Manning award winners and Russ Manning assistants.