Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has already broken Fandango’s record for best-selling superhero movie in the first 24 hours of presales, according to Fandango.
Advance tickets for Infinity War went on sale on the movie ticketing service 6 am PST/9 am EST Friday in conjunction with the release of the new, second trailer and within six hours it surpassed all other superhero movies, including the previous top two record holders, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Black Panther, respectively.
In addition to the record, Fandango also released a survey of more than 1,000 fans who purchased tickets Infinity War Friday morning. According to their results:
· 97% can’t wait to see how dozens of heroes work together in the same film
· 94% are excited to see different franchise characters (“Guardians,” “Avengers,” etc.) meeting one another for the first time.
· 92% see “Infinity War” as the culmination of all of the MCU films before it.
· 87% have seen all of the MCU movies.
· 71% saw “Black Panther” on the big screen.
· 60% claim “Black Panther” made them even more excited to see “Avengers: Infinity War.”