One of the most significant revelations in the aftermath of last week's announcement of DC Entertainment was news earlier this week that Warner Bros. currently has no plans for a new Superman big screen adventure.
"We actually don't have any current plans for Superman," DCE President Diane Nelson recently told MTV's Splash Page, adding, "We've obviously done a lot of great things behind the property in our history, and it's a key part of the family, but we don't have current plans behind Superman."
Now it's been revealed that the ongoing litigation between Warner Bros./DC and the family of Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel over the rights to the character as well as Superboy is apparently the primary reason why all plans are on hold at the studio.
In an email to the Superman Homepage Wednesday, Warner Bros. Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications Scott Rowe revealed, "Superman is an important member of our family, but because of on-going litigation we cannot announce any concrete plans at this time. That said, at some point in the future, you're likely to see a new Superman. So... have no fear."