ALL HAIL, "BLACK PANTHER": KING OF SUPERHERO PRESALES ON FANDANGO
Marvel’s “Black Panther” is clawing its way into Fandango history, now outpacing all superhero movies in the company’s advance ticket sales, eclipsing 2016’s “Batman v Superman.”
Thanks to stellar buzz from its world premiere and first screenings on Monday night, “Black Panther” rose to the top of Fandango’s daily ticket sales on Tuesday. As of Wednesday morning, “Black Panther” is still the #1 daily ticket-seller on Fandango, even though it doesn’t open in theaters for two more weeks (on Feb. 16).
According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 “Black Panther” moviegoers:
· 97% are looking forward to a different kind of superhero movie.
· 95% look forward to the film’s positive messages.
· 93% said they couldn’t wait to see Chadwick Boseman in his own “Black Panther” movie after seeing him in “Captain America: Civil War.”
· 86% are excited to see the film’s all-female guards/warriors, the Dora Milaje.
· 85% are intrigued by the film’s exotic setting in the mythical African kingdom of Wakanda.
· 84% are particularly excited to see Michael B. Jordan’s performance in this movie.
“The buzz on ‘Black Panther’ is electric,” says Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis. “Early screening audiences say it is one of Marvel’s best movies ever, and the positive word-of-mouth is helping drive the movie’s spectacular advance ticket sales.”