AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR and BLACK PANTHER are the Most Anticipated Movies of 2018 According to FANDANGO Users
By George Marston, Newsarama Contributor
Credit: Marvel Studios
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther are the most anticipated films of 2018, according to a user survey conducted by leading online movie ticket retailer Fandango. Coming in third was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, with the rest of the list populated by other genre films and sequels.
It’s worth noting that Aquaman, New Mutants, Venom, and Ant-Man & The Wasp all fell short of the the top ten.
Fandango also polled users about which actors and actresses they’re most excited to see onscreen in 2018, with Chris Pratt and Scarlett Johansson topping the list. Additionally, Black Panther’s Danai Gurai and Solo’s Alden Ehrenreich were named the top rising actors of 2018.
Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther was named the superhero that Fandango users are most excited for in 2018, with Sophie Turner’s Jean Grey, Evangeline Lilly’s Wasp, Tom Hardy’s Venom, and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman all making the list. Likewise, Josh Brolin’s Thanos was named the most anticipated villain on a list whose only other comic book entrants are Michael B. Jordan’s Erik Killmonger and Jessican Chastain’s unnamed X-Men: Dark Phoenix villain.
”The new year promises a lot of excitement at the multiplex, but fans are particularly looking forward to Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther, which boasts a groundbreaking ensemble and promises to be one of the most talked-about movies of 2018,” says Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis. “These two films ruled our survey results, with Black Panther cast members Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Danai Gurira, and Winston Duke figuring prominently in each survey category. 2018 looks to offer fresh takes, new and diverse voices, and beloved characters fans can’t wait to see back on the big screen again.”
Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War also topped Newsarama's list of the most anticipated films of 2018, which can be read right here.
Here’s the full list of Fandango's categories and their rankings:
2018’s Most Anticipated Movie
1. “Avengers: Infinity War” (May 4)
2. “Black Panther” (Feb. 16)
3. “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom” (June 22)
4. Untitled “Deadpool” Sequel (June 1)
5. “Solo: A Star Wars Story” (May 25)
6. “Incredibles 2” (June 15)
7. “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” (Nov. 16)
8. “A Wrinkle in Time” (March 9)
9. “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” (Nov. 2)
10. “Ocean’s 8” (June 8)
Fan Favorite Actress
1. Scarlett Johansson (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Isle of Dogs”)
2. Jennifer Lawrence (“Red Sparrow,” “X-Men: Dark Phoenix”)
3. Zoe Saldana (“Avengers: Infinity War”)
4. Sandra Bullock (“Ocean’s 8”)
5. Emilia Clarke (“Solo: A Star Wars Story”)
Fan Favorite Actor
1. Chris Pratt (“Avengers: Infinity War,” “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”)