October was a busy month for comic company HR departments with numerous hirings and promotions. Here is a rundown:
- Archie Comics has promoted its long-time PR maven Alex Segura to become the company's new Co-President. Segura previously worked as Senior Vice-President of Publicity & Marketing, while also editing the Dark Circle line. Segura has worked for the publisher since 2014, previously serving as DC Comics' Executive Director of Publicity.
- Along with that, Archie's Publicity Representative Ron Cacace has been promoted to full Publicity Manager.
- Dynamite Entertainment has hired Jay C. Spence as its new Senior Director of Media & Product Development. Spence joins the New Jersey-based company after working for a decade as a Brand Manager at Diamond Comic Distributors.
- Long-time Marvel Digital on-air host Lorraine Cink has joined the company full-time as Senior Creative Producer. Cink will continue to host/write THWIP! The Big Marvel Show, The Marvel Minute, and Marvel LIVE!, and will begin writing Marvel Top 10 as well as other new media projects. Cink has worked as a freelance host for Marvel since 2012.
- BOOM! Studios has hired Michael Moccio as an assistant editor. Moccio joins BOOM! after a year-long tenure as Diamond's Publicity/Marketing Manager. Moccio is a 2016 graduate of Emerson College with a Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Literature, and Publishing. He was Editor-In-Chief of Emertainment Monthly, and wrote for Newsarama.
- Steve Walsh has joined Avery Hill Publishing as its new Head of Sales. Walsh previously worked as a bookseller for London's Gosh! Comics, and is host of the popular South London Hardcore podcast.