Red Stylo Press, our group publishing imprint, will draw first blood this year with the release of a new collection, BAROQUE POP, comics inspired by the music of Lana Del Rey.
On the heels of the release of our last music-inspired mini-anthology ANGEL WITH A BULLET, Red Stylo contributor, Mario Candelaria, pitched his own collection of comics inspired by his favorite singing muse. BAROQUE POP will be an eighty-page comics anthology inspired by the music of Lana Del Rey. The book is a carefully curated selection of short form comics and illustrations celebrating love, loss, success, and change by comic creators who came together after finding mutual solace and inspiration in Lana Del Rey’s music.
In keeping with the music theme, the book itself will be printed at 7×7 inches to physically resemble a 45 RPM record cover.
The book features seven short comic stories by:
- Chuck Harrison & Luke Marrone
- Daniel Charles & Ashley St. Lawrence (with Scott Ewen)
- Jennie Wood & Chris Goodwin
- Enrica Jang & Jan Velazquez
- Mario Candelaria & Katarzyna Witerscheim
- Michael Lynch & Mira Mortal
- Eric Palicki & Daniel Earls
And five portraits by:
- Jim Towe
- Adam Ferris (feat. Lesley Atlansky)
- John Keaveney
- Hoyt Silva
- Fabian Lelay (feat Lesley Atlansky)
The book is slated to debut at C2E2 in April, but don’t miss the Kickstarter campaign now live!