DC Comics NYCC Program GuideCredit: DC Comics
Following the record-shattering success of Rebirth, DC Entertainment (DCE) is set to take over New York Comic Con with a stellar line up of guests, panels and exclusive announcements. Fans attending the annual pop culture event, held at the Javits Convention Center from October 6-9, will be the first to learn exciting details about the first publishing event of the Rebirth era, JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD, the next wave of exciting Rebirth story arcs (and some surprise new titles), and the star-studded KAMANDI Challenge. New York Comic Con will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Wonder Woman on the event’s official program cover with artwork by DC Publisher Jim Lee, and by revealing in person the highly anticipated Wonder Woman Forever Stamps on Friday, October 7!
DCE’s massive booth (South Concourse, Booth #4002) will be the go-to place for fans to the biggest names in comics and get the latest peeks at forthcoming releases from the world of DC. The expansive booth will also offer attendees the rare chance to get a close look at costumes and props from the upcoming “Wonder Woman” 2017 feature film - including the costume donned by star Gal Gadot – along with the original costume worn by Lynda Carter in the 1970s “Wonder Woman” television series! Fans of DC Super Hero Girls will have a chance to meet and greet their favorite Super Hero High characters in costume throughout the weekend, as well as have their pictures taken in front of “green screen” backgrounds featuring popular DC and Warner Bros themes.
DC’s lineup of panel programming for New York Comic Con is packed with fan-favorite talent, first looks and celebrations. Download the new DC All Access mobile app for a complete list of panels and talent signings, behind-the-scenes coverage and in-depth interviews directly from DC’s web series, “DC All Access.” The app is available for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
• With a record-setting 12 million copies shipped this summer, the “Rebirth – What’s Next?” panel will be packed with superstar talent dishing the latest on their current and upcoming story arcs, including Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti (HARLEY QUINN), Juan Ferreyra (GREEN ARROW), Ben Percy (GREEN ARROW, TEEN TITANS), Christopher Priest (DEATHSTROKE), Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN), Rob Venditti (HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS). Joshua Williamson (THE FLASH) will also be on hand to talk about what’s next for the Scarlet Speedster and reveal details on what’s to come in the first major event for Rebirth, JUSTICE LEAGE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD! Saturday, 11:00am, Room 1A06
• One of the world’s most popular Super Heroes and a powerful global symbol of justice, equality and peace will be center stage at the “Wonder Woman 75” panel. The event will include a collection of writers and artists who continue to create thrilling stories for the iconic Amazonian Super Hero including Marc Andreyko (WONDER WOMAN ’77), José Luis García-López (SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN), Yanick Paquette (WONDER WOMAN: EARTH ONE), Greg Rucka (WONDER WOMAN), Jill Thompson (WONDER WOMAN: THE TRUE AMAZON), Cat Staggs (ADVENTURES OF SUPERGIRL) and Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HITS AND MYTHS). Friday, 5:15pm, Room 1A24
• The DC All Access Panel is the place to be for the latest news not only on comics, but the latest news from other DC and Warner Bros divisions, including DC Collectibles, Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, and more! Top talent including Shea Fontana (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS: HITS AND MYTHS), Marguerite Bennett (DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS), Kevin Kiniry (DC Collectibles), Steve Orlando (MIDNIGHTER & APOLLO) and Joshua Williamson (THE FLASH, Vertigo’s FROSTBITE) will all be on hand to talk about what’s to come in the DC Universe. Thursday, 1:45pm, Room 1A24
• Eisner-winning writer and My Chemical Romance front man Gerard Way will reveal more details about his brand new pop-up imprint at the “DC’s Young Animal” panel which will also feature fellow collaborators Nick Derington (DOOM PATROL), Jody Houser (MOTHER PANIC), Marley Zarcone (SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL), and more. Friday, 1:30pm, Room 1A06
• Take a trip to Gotham City at the “DC Batman” panel to find out what’s in store for the World’s Greatest Detective and his cohorts. Alongside the BATMAN team Tom King and David Finch and ALL STAR BATMAN writer Scott Snyder this must-attend panel will also feature Julie Benson and Shawna Benson (BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY, Steve Orlando (BATMAN: NIGHT OF THE MONSTER MEN), Tim Seeley (NIGHTWING), James Tynion IV (DETECTIVE COMICS), and more! Friday, 12:45pm, Main Stage
• Soar to new heights with the Man of Steel at the “DC Superman” panel. Set to include DC writers and artists including the SUPERMAN team including Pat Gleason, Peter Tomasi, and Doug Mahnke, along with Phil Jimenez (SUPERWOMAN) and Steve Orlando (SUPERGIRL), fans will get a sneak peek at what’s to hit the streets of Metropolis and beyond. Thursday, 4:15pm, Room 1A24
• Artists and writers behind some of the most groundbreaking series from the consistently innovative imprint will come together at the “Vertigo” panel. Fan-favorites Scott Snyder and Marguerite Bennett will talk about the recently released AMERICAN VAMPIRE ANTHOLOGY, while SHERIFF OF BABYLON writer Tom King will discuss his critically acclaimed series. Plus Tim Seeley will preview the comic sequel to the 80’s cult classic film THE LOST BOYS, Joshua Williamson will discuss his new mystery series FROSTBITE and Matthew Sturges and David Justus will talk about the newest chapter in the FABLES legacy, EVERAFTER: FROM THE PAGES OF FABLES. Friday, 4:00pm, Room 1A24
• Once again, the funniest panel at the Con will star “The Gang Of Usual Idiots” at the hilarious “MAD” panel. Join John Ficarra, Sam Viviano, Desmond Devlin, Tom Bunk and Jonathan Bresman from the long-running humor magazine for a side-splitting look at MAD, and an unforgettable Q&A. Sunday, 1:15pm, Room 1A21
• The Graphitti Designs booth #1744 in the South Concourse next to the DC booth will also once again carry highly collectible, exclusive variant comic books available for New York Comic Con attendees only including ALL STAR BATMAN #1 (cover by John Romita Jr.), HARLEY QUINN #1 (cover by Amanda Conner), SUICIDE SQUAD #1 (cover by Jim Lee), TRINITY #1 (cover by Francis Manapul), SUPERGIRL #1 (cover by Emanuela Lupacchino), HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS (cover by Freddie Williams II), DOOM PATROL #1 (cover by Nick Derington), BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1 (cover by Ryan Sook) and TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1 (cover by Jonboy Meyers). All books will feature a special metallic foil treatment on the cover art, will be priced at $15 each, and are only available while supplies last.
Twitter activity Tweets by @Newsarama