Although no new trailer was shown for Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Lucasfilm's Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 panel, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy and director J.J. Abrams did have several things to share with Hall H from Simon Pegg to new TIE Fighters, Harrison Ford, and a new behind-the-scenes video. Take a look:
This new video package reveals Simon Pegg in costume as an unidentified alien.
"My life is now complete," Pegg said in the video.
Earlier in the year, the actor struck down rumors that he was to play a role in the movie. And while he looks to now be a part of the movie, he could very well not have his face -- or voice -- at all in the final film.
Carrie Fisher also appeared in the video package, reprising her role as Princess Leia -- in less ceremonial attire that in the original trilogy.
Additionally, Domnhall Gleeson's role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been confirmed as General Hux, a new character in charge of the First Order's primary base, Starkiller. Gleeson described his character as "flat out" evil.
Star Wars fans might recall that Starkiller was the original last name for Anakin and Luke Skywalker in George Lucas' early drafts for the original Star Wars movie, but was latter changed and re-used in other, now non-canon, stories.
As for the new TIE fighter, director J.J. Abrams confirmed at the panel that the new toy TIE Fighter, dubbed "First Order TIE Fighter," that Hasbro revealed earlier at SDCC would appear in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. While not a drastic redesign of the TIE Fighters seen in the original trilogy, it has smaller modifications and a new red-and-black color scheme. It was shown briefly in the behind-the-scenes video package as well.
Kennedy also revealed that Godzilla's Gareth Edwards would begin shooting Star Wars: Rogue One in three weeks.
A surprise guest on the panel was Harrison Ford, who appeared in the latter half of the event. Ford was asked about his injury during the filming, with the actor responding that he feels well and walked on his own to attend the panel. As for reprising his role as Han Solo, Ford was grateful.
"It felt great," Ford said. "The original Star Wars was the beginning of my working life, so it was great to be back. Thank you."
Abrams ended the panel with a unique surprise: inviting all of the fans to a suprise Star Wars concert beginning after the panel.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theatres December 18, 2015.