Marvel Reveals ASTONISHING X-MEN #51 Wedding Variants
Update, 5/24: Here's one more Astonishing X-Men #51 variant cover, this time by artist Marko Djurdjevic.Original story: Marvel is following up Tuesday’s confirmation of the same-sex marriage between Northstar and boyfriend Kyle coming up in Astonishing X-Men #51 with the announcement of a traditional wedding album in the form of a customizable variant cover to the issue — or as Marvel calls it, the Astonishing X-Men #51 Create Your Own Wedding Variant.
The alternate cover, which can be ordered by Direct Market comic book retailers via wholesale sales incentives on the issue, features wedding "photos" by artist Phil Noto of some of Marvel’s most famous married (or formerly married) couples.
Absent on the cover, of course, is one Friendly Neighborhood Wall-Crawler and his lovely redheaded bride.
Anyway, back to the cover. Maybe we’ll see some comic shops hold some cosplay weddings on June 20, the day Astonishing X-Men #51 is released.
- 10 Great LGBT Superheroes (And Superhero Couples)
- Gay Superheroes & Same-Sex Marriage: Why Comics? Why Now?
- DC's Gay Character: Male, Hasn't Been Seen Post-Relaunch
- Marvel's X-MEN Support Gay Marriage on ABC's The View
- Past Mutant Marriages Bode Poorly for June X-MEN Wedding