AvX Post Game Report, Week 6: WOLVERINE vs. CAPTAIN AMERICA
**Yep, spoilers follow for this week's Avengers vs. X-Men #3 and Avengers Academy #29 follow.***
Since you're probably still groggy from lack of sleep due to a midnight Avengers screening, let's get right to it.
THE BIG QUESTION:
Captain America makes some rather bold moves in Avengers vs. X-Men #3, so who better to talk about it than Ed Brubaker, who not only wrote that comic but the solo adventures of Steve Rogers for the past eight years?
Ed Brubaker: I think Cap is trying to remove a wild card from the field of battle, basically. Wolverine wants to kill Hope, and Cap doesn't want to. And he knows that Logan can survive that fall, so his plan was to strand him somewhere that will take him a long time to get anywhere from, basically. Takes him off the board, doesn't really hurt him, and gives the Avengers a major head start.
THE BIG HITS:
Though the X-Men do gain a major tactical upper-hand in this issue, using Magik's powers to make a quick getaway from the fight with the Avengers on Utopia to Long Beach, home of Snoop Dogg.
- Not only has Wolverine been kicked out (so to speak) by Cap, Rachel Grey is established in AvX #3 as something of a covert op, purporting loyalty to Wolverine (and, at that point, the Avengers) but feeding Cyclops, her dad-ish, information on the telepathic down low.
- Like issue #2 before it, Avengers vs. X-Men #3 is 22 story pages, two more than most Marvel comics these days.
- A movie starring one-half of the AvX equation, The Avengers, is now out in theaters. You may have heard of it before.
- In addition to the Generation Hope cast, Avengers Academy #29 also features a guest appearance from Naked Hercules.
NEXT WEEK:preview here), more on the Iron Fist/Phoenix connection in New Avengers #26 (preview here) and the Avengers arrive at the Jean Grey School in X-Men Legacy #266 (preview here). AND FINALLY: Got an Avengers vs. X-Men-related question you'd like us to ask in a future installment of the Post Game Report? Find us on Facebook or Twitter. More from Newsarama:
- AvX Post Game Report, Week 5: AVENGERS Take the Early Lead
- AvX Post Game Report Week 4: The Time For Talk Has Passed
- AvX Post-Game Report, Week 3: The War at Home
- AvX Post-Game Report, Week 2: The Battle Begins
- AvX Post-Game Report, Week 1: AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #0