Marvel Releases Three FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS Teasers
FEAR ITSELF: THE FEARLESS Teasers
Marvel has made it a habit as of late to release multiple teasers for one project over a period of days or weeks, but on Monday the publisher unveiled three images in one day to promote Fear Itself: The Fearless, the twice-monthly, 12-issue follow-up to Fear Itself. All three can be seen in the "related images" gallery to the right.Additionally, Marvel marketing has distributed a seven-point pitch on why readers should check out the series. Here it is: "1. The fate of the Asgardian hammers seen in Fear Itself – REVEALED!
2. A thrilling, yet desperate search for power across all the hidden corners of the Marvel Universe.
3. Valkyrie becomes the Marvel Universe's most wanted fugitive, hunted by all the world's super heroes.
4. Regaining her memories, Sin has the knowledge to activate the Serpent Doomsday Device.
5. Guest stars Galore: Avengers, Secret Avengers, the X-Men, Namor, the FF, Luke Cage and the Thunderbolts.
6. Fallen Son Rematch: Wolverine vs. Crossbones Round Two!
7. No hero leaves unscathed, including dramatic changes for Valkyrie as a result!"All three teasers also come with a distinct tagline: "DEFEAT THE FF – SAVE THE WORLD!"; "INVADE UTOPIA – SAVE THE WORLD!" and "UNLEASH THE POWER THAT SLUMBERS – RULE THE WORLD!" Feel free to speculate on what that all might mean, and solicitation information for Fear Itself: The Fearless #1 — scheduled for release on Oct. 19 — follows below: THE FEARLESS #1 (Of 12)
Written by MATT FRACTION, CULLEN BUNN & CHRIS YOST
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY & PAUL PELLETIER
Cover by ART ADAMS
Variant Cover by MIKE DEODATO
FEAR ITSELF AFTERMATH!
A new twice-monthly series featuring Captain America, the Avengers, and heroes and villains across the entire Marvel Universe! In the wake of FEAR ITSELF, CLASSIFIED. By the acclaimed writing team of Matt Fraction (FEAR ITSELF), Cullen Bunn (FEAR ITSELF: THE DEEP) and Chris Yost (FEAR ITSELF: SPIDER-MAN) and the powerhouse art team of Mark Bagley (ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN) and Paul Pelletier (THE INCREDIBLE HULKS).
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
FOC – 9/26/11, ON SALE – 10/19/11Got a comment? There's lots of conversation on Newsarama's FACEBOOK and TWITTER!