UPDATED - SDCC 2011: LOIS LANE's DCnU Boyfriend
DC's confirmation earlier this week that Superman's marriage to Lois Lane wouldn't survive this September's relaunch of the DC Universe, The New York Daily News has broken the news that Clark has been replaced in Lois' affections in the new DC Universe by someone called Jonathan Carroll, a fellow reporter at the Daily Planet who - judging by the preview art accompanying the Daily News piece - is blond, friendly and has no problem showing off his naked torso to late night visitors... In other words, the seeming opposite of Clark Kent. No wonder Lois is smitten.
Carroll, who curiously shares his name with a couple of well-known writers, will make his debut in George Perez and Jesus Merino's Superman #1 this September. Is it too early to wonder if his hair will fall out within six months, leading to a name change and a scheme to destroy the Man of Steel once and for all...?Got a comment? There's lots of conversation on Newsarama's FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
- Preview: DCnU JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
- Exclusive: DC's Bob Wayne - Selling the DCnU
- DC Comics' October 2011 Solicitations
- Canon Shot? 10 Great Stories to Fold Into DCnU Continuity
- LEE, DIDIO: Rebuilding DC To Counteract 'Shrinking Market'
- DIDIO, LEE Say DCnU SUPERMAN Changes Make Him "Accessible"
- Single, Orphaned, Alien: Big Changes for DCnU SUPERMAN