No, it's not another superhero or supervillain star chamber like the Illuminati or the Cabal...Marvel Comics unveiled a new marketing initiative Monday afternoon. Called "The Architects", it's sort of the proven-industry-veteran version of their Young Guns marketing initiative from years back, identifying writers (apparently artists are pending) who are most influential directing the Marvel Universe titles and characters right now, or as Marvel puts it, "telling the most exciting and impactful stories that rock the Marvel Universe to its very core every month."
Not so surprisingly, Brian Bendis is named one of the five writing architects, along with Matt Fraction, Ed Brubaker, Jonathan Hickman, and Jason Aaron, all of whom are credited for having a top secret new project, event, or series in the works.
The full text of the press release follows...Press Release Marvel Unveils The ARCHITECTS
The very fabric of the Marvel Universe is changing and the Architects are the ones leading the charge! Marvel’s Architects initiative spotlights the writers and artists telling the most exciting and impactful stories that rock the Marvel Universe to its very core every month.
But just who are the writers in Marvel’s Architects?
· Brian Michael Bendis, writer of Avengers, New Avengers, Death of Spider-Man, the upcoming Moon Knight and an upcoming top secret project
· Matt Fraction, writer of Thor, Invincible Iron Man, and a top secret upcoming event
· Ed Brubaker, writer of Captain America, Secret Avengers and top secret upcoming new series
· Jonathan Hickman, writer of Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. and a top secret upcoming new series
· Jason Aaron, writer of Wolverine, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and a top secret upcoming new series
“These are five of the top writers in comics and they’re writing some of the best Marvel Comics ever” said C.B. Cebulski, SVP Creator & Content Development. “Each of their projects lays the groundwork for the future of the Marvel Universe and in 2011, their plans—which are being seeded in their current work as we speak—will come to fruition. There’s never been a better time to be a Marvel fan.”