SDCC '08 - Monster Attack Network Optioned by Disney
SDCC - Disney & Monster Attack Network
Marc Bernardin and Adam Freeman announced at the San Diego Comic-Con that Disney has optioned Monster Attack Network, the graphic novel they wrote that was released by AiT/Planet Lar last year.
“Kickstart Entertainment is handling it,” Bernardin said after the “So You Want to Do a Graphic Novel” panel Thursday night. “They also did Hellboy and The Road to Perdition, so it’s in pretty good hands.”
They started talking to Disney before the writer’s strike, which caused some delays. “We thought they would just move on, but they came right back to it and the deal closed,” Freeman said.
While it could be awhile before Monster Attack Network appears on the big screen, Bernardin and Freeman have plenty to keep them busy. For Wildstorm, they’re writing a prequel to the movie Push, which hits theaters next year. Their book Genuis is a part of Top Cow’s Pilot Season competition; voting for that opens Aug. 1. And they have another as-yet-unannounced six-issue project with Top Cow.