For immediate release
PUBLISHER PUTS OUT CALL TO COMIC ARTISTS
Mohawk Media launches talent search
Publisher Mohawk Media has today announced that it is in search of artists for upcoming comic book and graphic novel projects.
Having had success with its Mr. T graphic novels, the publisher is readying to get new projects underway in 2010.
To help spearhead this search, Mr. T author, Christopher Bunting, has been appointed as Editor-In-Chief.
Bunting says: "As a freelance writer, one in the early stages of his career, I know just how tough it is to break into comic books."
"I’ve often heard aspiring artists say there are no openings. I’m therefore proud to be part of this Mohawk Media initiative to give artists the opportunity to become published, and be involved in some of the coolest titles of 2010!"
The publisher recommends the following:
- A brief email about yourself and any published experience, accompanied by a minimum of 5 sequential pages
- Story pages only (no pinups, paintings or portraits)
- Your strongest – and preferably, recent – work
- A variety of genres if possible
- Samples in jpeg or PDF format only. Links will not be opened
- All submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bunting continues: "Remember, comics are a storytelling medium. Those are the skills that you need to demonstrate."
"We’re excited to see what comes in. Good luck!"