Marvel Comics today annoMaunced that it has partnered with leading subscription reading service Scribd to provide readers unlimited access to hundreds of Marvel’s collected editions starring Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Hulk, and more. This offering represents the first time Marvel Comics will be available via a subscription service alongside other content forms including eBooks and audiobooks.
“For decades, a driving force at Marvel has been the desire to put comics in the hands of new readers,” said Daniele Campbell, VP CRM. “Our partnership with Scribd allows some of Marvel’s greatest stories to sit alongside Scribd’s already vast and eclectic catalogue of content in an effort to reach readers who might not have access to a comic shop.”
“This partnership gives us the opportunity to not only bring devoted comic fans into Scribd’s world of unlimited reading, but also to introduce the entire Scribd community to the world of comics,” said Julie Haddon, Vice President of Editorial and Marketing at Scribd. “We’re excited to broaden our subscription service so that readers can discover more than books.”
Marvel fans will have the ability to browse hundreds of Marvel’s collected editions on Scribd by category, subcategory and custom collections curated by Scribd’s editorial staff:
· Top Characters – Spider-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Hulk, and more
· Classic Comics – Classic runs of the Avengers, the X-Men, Daredevil and more
· Major Creators – Mark Waid, Ed Brubaker, Brian K. Vaughan, Grant Morrison, and many more
· Hit YA Titles – Ultimate Spider-Man, Runaways, Young Inhumans
· Award Winners – Acclaimed graphic novels by artists from Alex Ross to Moebius
· Curated Collections – Classic Marvel Moments, Heroes of Color, Spotlight on Jack Kirby, and more
Scribd is at the forefront of efforts to develop and shape the industry for the digital age by making it possible for readers to enjoy unlimited access to comics across all mobile, tablet, and web platforms.