First we found out that the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was coming on July 30, 2013, and revealed the first cast members. Then the big primetime TV stars, Justin Chambers and Kevin McKidd, were announced as the two primary roles, The Flash and Thomas Wayne Batman.Today we can finally show you the box art for the DVD and Blu-ray editions of the movie. Warner Bros Animation also announces that Jim Krieg, fan-favorite writer known for his work on Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Batman: The Brave and the Bold adapted the Geoff Johns & Andy Kubert comic book story for the film. The full official description of the film and its extra features in the Blu-ray version from the press release follows, along with both versions of the cover art. When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event’s temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman’s Amazons and Aquaman’s Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash’s original timeline. “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox has all the elements of another great film – dynamic forceful villains, treacherous twists and turns and internal tensions amongst heroes,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President, Family, Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. “Showcasing a cast that brings together some of today’s popular primetime television actors with many fans’ favorite voices from the original series, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this title as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie.” Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Blu-ray™ has over three hours of exciting extra content, including:
• A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
• My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash’s world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
• A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
• From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
• The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary