DC Comics has found their new head of publicity following the exit of David Hyde several months ago, and it’s a good one.
Alex Segura announced himself Monday as DC’s new Executive Director of Publicity effective immediately. Segura most recently served as Vice President – Publicity and Marketing at Archie Comics.
This will be Segura’s second stint at DC, having served as Publicity Manager under Hyde before moving to Archie. Segura is also a novelist and comic book writer, having most recently written the Archie Meets KISS title, now collected as a graphic novel.
Segura began his full-time comic book career as a staffer for Wizard Magazine, and has many accomplishments not listed here, but I’m pleased to say in a rare personal comment to have had the privilege of giving the then young Miami Herald staffer some of his first work in comics as a freelancer for Newsarama.
DC will be better for his presence.
- New GEOFF JOHNS JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA Ongoing Announced
- BAZ Confirmed as 1st Arab-American GREEN LANTERN
- Exploring TRINITY WAR & NEW JUSTICE LEAGUES Clues
- ROB LIEFELD Tweets More About Views on DC Editorial
- DC Announces a NEW BEFORE WATCHMEN Mini